The observatories are called circulation obviation retrofit kits, or CORKs.
What does CORK stand for?
CORK stands for Circulation Obviation Retrofit Kit (ocean drilling)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of CORK
- Consumer Related Industrial Processes
- Church of the Resurrection Inspiration Singers (Leawood, Kansas)
- Colorado Outdoor Recreation Information System
- Corruption Online Research and Information System
- Corporate Information Systems Modeling Architecture
- Couples of Rhode Island and Southeastern Massachusetts (gay & lesbian social group)
- Core Information Technology and Services (UK)
- Cabinet Office Regulatory Impact Unit (UK)
- Canadian Olympic Regatta Kingston
- Central Oregon Running Klub
- Content Object Replication Kit (Java)
- Campaign to Oppose the Return of the Khmer Rouge
- Canadian Online Racing League
- Canadian Operating Room Leaders
- Canadian Orthopaedic Research Legacy Program
- capital outlay revenue limit
- Central Ontario Ringette League
- Certificate in Outdoor Recreation Leadership (New Zealand)
- change-orientated reflective listening (psychotherapy)
- Chattooine Outer Rim Lookouts
Samples in periodicals archive:
We called these observatories "CORKs" for Circulation Obviation Retrofit Kits, playing on the obvious analogy of a cork sealing a bottle.