It's a blend of the history of cigar box guitars and their modern revival, the people who made and played them, and the trends that are returning the cigar box guitar to musical circles.
What does CBG stand for?
CBG stands for Cigar Box Guitar
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of CBG
We have 144 other meanings of CBG in our Acronym Attic
- Center for Biomedicine and Genetics (Duarte, CA)
- Center for Business and Government
- Chaotic Blader Games
- Charities Buying Group
- Charlie Boy Gang (band)
- Charlier-Brabo Group (Belgium)
- Chemometrics and Bioinformatics Group (Norwegian University of Science and Technology)
- Chicago Botanic Garden
- China Business Guide (China)
- Chip the Beer Guy
- Cinema Buying Group
- Clean Burning Gasoline
- Cleveland Botanical Garden
- Club de Billard de Grosbliederstroff (French: Grosbliederstroff Billiard Club; Grosbliederstroff, France)
- Collins Bird Guide (UK)
- Comic Book Galaxy (website)
- Comic Book Geek
- Comic Book Guy (The Simpsons)
- Comics Buyer's Guide
- Commercial Banking Group
Samples in periodicals archive:
The event, formerly known as the UK Cigar Box Guitar Festival, is at The Public on Saturday, October 1, with 'Chickenbone' John - aka 55-year-old Bearwood architect and dad-of-two John Wormald - among the attractions, offering hints and tips on playing and making the instruments.
The exhibit includes mixed-media assemblage, scrap-wood and metal sculptures, collage, cigar box guitars and vessels made of natural materials.
Highlights include local fundraising bluesman Jerry Zybach on a cigar box guitar, the Conjugal Visitors playing `Appalachian twang' with washtub bass and washboard, and the Tin Can Band.
He's even been invited to participate in a cigar box guitar festival in Michigan this spring.