3) The churches that were united on the basis of the Twelve Articles in 1970 to form the Church of North India are the Council of the Baptist Churches in Northern India; the Church of the Brethren in India; the Disciples of Christ; the Church of India, Pakistan, Burma and Ceylon; the Methodist Church (British and Australasian Conferences); the Methodist Church in Southern Asia; the United Church of Northern India.
What does COI stand for?
COI stands for Church of India (Columbia, MD)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of COI
We have 147 other meanings of COI in our Acronym Attic
- Certificate of Inspection
- Certificate of Installation
- Certificate of Insurance (insurance)
- Certificate of Irradiation (sterility validation process)
- Certified Online Instructor
- Chain of Information
- Chemicals of Interest (US DHS)
- Chief Of Implementation
- Chief of Initiatives
- Chief of Installation
Samples in periodicals archive:
A few, such as Pulney Andi, who had the vision of a national church of India, gave thought to indigenous shaping of the church.
Rosiama, a leader of the church and former moderator of the Presbyterian Church of India, told Ecumenical News international that the Mizoram synod had decided that homosexuals living together as couples will not be excommunicated, but they will not be allowed to hold any posts or preach in the church, even if they are ordained.
In this way, pilgrims of the Syro-Malankar Catholic Church of India and other places hoped to express this Christian community's closeness to Peter's successor.
Futures Group's past work on the POLICY Project includes assisting in the creation of an HIV/AIDS policy for the Catholic Church of India and helping the Ministry of Health in Nigeria draft and gain approval for the National Policy Guidelines for the Contraceptives Logistics Management System.
The Indian-born minister, leader of the US-Canada Diocese of the Malankara Orthodox Church of India, was transferred to Newcastle General Hospital for emergency surgery, but did not survive.
One of the classic examples can be cited from the mission strategy of my mother-church, the Presbyterian Church of India, Mizoram.
The Indian-born minister, leader of the US-Canada Diocese of the Malankara Orthodox Church of India, under went emergency surgery to remove his spleen.