People at greatest risk of lung cancer are current and former smokers, as well as people whose relatives have already developed lung cancer or chronic obstructive lung diseases, experts say.
What does COLD stand for?
COLD stands for Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease (medical)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of COLD
We have 22 other meanings of COLD in our Acronym Attic
- Circle of Least Confusion (optics)
- City of Lincoln Council (UK)
- City of Liverpool College (Liverpool, England, UK)
- College of Lake County (community college; Illinois)
- City of Liverpool Community College (UK)
- City of London Community Education Centre (London, UK)
- Coalition of Leaky Condo Owners
- Council of Lebanese Canadian Organizations (est. 1988; Canada)
- Colombia Coca Trade
- Committee on Letter Carriers Political Education (Washington, DC)
- Clean clothes, Overheating, Layer clothing, stay Dry (mnemonic for surviving in cold weather)
- Common Object-oriented Language for Design
- Computer On-Line Data
- Computer Output to Laser Disc
- Conference of Logistics Directorates
- Constrained Optimization with Limited Deviations
- Council Of Library Directors
- Council on Oceanographic Laboratory Directors
- Coupled Ocean-Ice Linkages and Dynamics
- Cryogenic On-orbit Liquid Depot-Storage And Transfer (NASA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Global Initiative for Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease (GOLD).
World COPD Day is a yearly event organized by the Global initiative for Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease to improve awareness and care of the Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) around the world.
The head of the national heart and internal diseases hospital, Jamila Imanakulova, said patient Bakhadyr Suleimanov was brought to the hospital with relapse of chronic obstructive lung disease.
Global Initiative for Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease.
Long- term exposure leads to chronic obstructive lung disease as well as lung cancer.
Lower-than-expected sales of Dey's Perforomist, an inhaler for chronic obstructive lung disease, prompted Mylan to begin looking for a buyer in February.
Chronic obstructive lung disease and arteriosclerosis were also identified as ailments where the veteran-public ratio was high.