Elafin expressed by these bacteria also protects cultured human intestinal cell lines from inflammatory outbreaks similar to those observed in chronic inflammatory bowel diseases.
What does CIBD stand for?
CIBD stands for Chronic Inflammatory Bowel Disease
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CIBD
We have 10 other meanings of CIBD in our Acronym Attic
- Change in Bank Control Act
- Campaign to Impeach Bush, Cheney, Ashcroft and Rumsfeld
- Chengdu Institute of Biology, Chinese Academy of Sciences (Sichuan, China)
- Computational Intelligence in Bioinformatics and Computational Biology (conference)
- Center for International Business Cycle Research
- Canadian Internet Business Directory
- Cancer Induced Bone Disease
- Central Iowa Barn Dance
- Certificate of Independent Bid Determination
- Charter in International Business Development (International Business Development Institute)
- Cytomegalic Inclusion Body Disease
- Canada Indonesia Business Development Office
- Centre for International Business Development Services (Tanzania)
- Canadian Institute for Business and the Environment (Montreal, Quebec, Canada)
- Center for International Business Education
- Center for International Business Ethics (Beijing, China)
- Centro de Investigaciones Biotecnológicas del Ecuador
- Committee on Industry and Business Environment (Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development; Paris, France)
- Compagnie Intercommunale Bruxelloise des Eaux
- Central Illinois Business Education Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
It is one of two main forms of chronic inflammatory bowel disease and affects about 620,000 Americans, according to the National Institutes of Health.
UC is a chronic inflammatory bowel disease that causes ulcers in the colon[i] and may lead to life-threatening complications.
8 /PRNewswire/ -- People living with ulcerative colitis (UC) say greater understanding is needed about the life-altering nature of this chronic inflammatory bowel disease that affects approximately 500,000 Americans.
Crohn's disease is a chronic inflammatory bowel disease that causes ongoing inflammation of the intestinal tract, with symptoms including diarrhoea, abdominal pain, fever and loss of appetite.
Medical Center, Israel) compile 13 articles on pediatric chronic inflammatory bowel disease, its genetics, epidemiology, pathology and pathogenesis, diagnosis through imaging and endoscopy, and disease management through pharmacological, nutritional, and surgical approaches.
In certain circumstances, such as exposure to bacterial products, the gut can become more acutely inflamed; if the inflammation is not downregulated, it can result in chronic inflammatory bowel disease (IBD).
Byline: By ED CARTY A TEAM of Irish research scientists believe they have discovered a cure for chronic inflammatory bowel disease, it was revealed yesterday.