The role of autoimmune testing in chronic idiopathic urticaria.
What does CIU stand for?
CIU stands for Chronic Idiopathic Urticaria
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CIU
We have 84 other meanings of CIU in our Acronym Attic
- Care Initiation Unit (various organizations)
- Categorical Industrial User (industrial wastewater discharge and pretreatment)
- Cell Interface Unit
- Center for International Understanding
- Central Injection Unit
- Central Interface Unit
- Central Interpretation Unit (UK)
- Centralized Intake Unit
- Centre d'Information sur l'Urbanisme (French: Urban Planning Information Center)
- Channel Interface Unit
- Client Interface Unit (connecting an antenna control unit to a host's control unit)
- Clinical Investigation Unit
- Club International Universitaire (French: International University Club; various locations)
- Cockpit Interface Unit
- Collective Investment Undertaking
- College Information Unit
- Columbia International University
- Comitato Italiano per l'Unicef (Italian)
- Communications Intelligence Unit (various locations)
- Communications Interface Unit
Samples in periodicals archive:
Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved Xolair (omalizumab) for the treatment of chronic idiopathic urticaria (CIU), a form of chronic hives.
Thanks to the generosity of our donors, we will now be able to assist eligible patients with treatment costs of chronic idiopathic urticaria regardless of the cause, which is a testimony to that commitment.
Genentech, a member of the Roche Group (SIX: RO, ROG; OTCQX: RHHBY), today announced results from a Phase III trial, ASTERIA II, which demonstrated that omalizumab met its primary endpoint in patients with moderate to severe chronic idiopathic urticaria (CIU), who remained symptomatic despite treatment with approved H1 antihistamine doses1.
Therefore, a part of chronic idiopathic urticaria has shifted into this group.
Chung MC, Symons C, Gilliams J, Kaminski ER: Stress, psychiatric comorbidity and coping in patients with chronic idiopathic urticaria.
NEW ORLEANS -- Colchicine is an effective steroid-sparing agent that can be used to treat refractory chronic idiopathic urticaria, based on data from a review of adults who received colchicine for CIU from 2003 to 2008.
Circulating concentration of dehydroepiandrosteron sulphate (DHEA-S) in women suffering from chronic idiopathic urticaria in relation to their pre- or post-menopausal status.