Plecanatide is currently in two pivotal phase 3 clinical trials for chronic idiopathic constipation and has successfully completed a phase 2b study for irritable bowel syndrome with constipation.
What does CIC stand for?
CIC stands for Chronic Idiopathic Constipation
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CIC
We have 692 other meanings of CIC in our Acronym Attic
- Chemistry Information Centre (Berlin, Germany)
- Chesapeake Innovation Center (Maryland)
- Chico (Amtrak station code; Chico, CA)
- Chico, CA, USA - Chico Municipal Air Terminal (Airport Code)
- Children in Crisis, Inc.
- China Investment Corporation (wealth fund)
- Chinese Institute of Communication
- Choices in Childbirth (New York, NY)
- Christ I'm Confused
- Christians in Commerce (various locations)
- Church Insurance Company
- Cincinnati Insurance Company (Ohio)
- Cinema International Corporation (film distribution; various locations)
- Circuit Identification Code
- Circuit Identifier Code
- Circulating Immune Complex
- Cisco Info Center
- Cisco Integrated Client (VPN client-softwares' built-in firewall)
- Citizens Information Centre (Ireland)
Samples in periodicals archive:
5, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Today, the American College of Gastroenterology (ACG) published a new systematic review of evidence about the management of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and chronic idiopathic constipation (CIC) to update earlier reviews from 2009 and 2005 as a supplement to the August 2014 issue of The American Journal of Gastroenterology.
Chronic idiopathic constipation is a diagnosis given to patients who experience persistent constipation and don't respond to standard treatment.
The FDA approved tegaserod in 2002 for treatment of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) of the constipation-predominant subtype, then later granted an added indication for treatment of chronic idiopathic constipation in patients under age 65.
The FDA and Novartis agreed last July on an investigational new drug protocol restricting tegaserod for treatment of irritable bowel syndrome with constipation (IBS-C) and chronic idiopathic constipation in women aged younger than 55 years.
The latest boomerang drug is Zelnorm[R] (tegaserod), which was approved in July 2002 for short-term treatment of women with IBS who have constipation; and for patents younger than 65 with chronic idiopathic constipation (defined as "fewer than three compete spontaneous bowel movements per week and at least one of the following symptoms for at least 25% of those bowel movements: straining, hard stools, incomplete evacuation").
AMITIZA was approved by the FDA in January 2006 for the treatment of Chronic Idiopathic Constipation in adults.
Tokyo, Japan, Feb 1, 2006 - (JCN) - Pharmaceutical announced on February 1 that its US sales partner Sucampo Pharmaceuticals have obtained approval for AMITIZA capsules (lubiprostone), an oral treatment of chronic idiopathic constipation in adults, from the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA).