September 22, 2011 Seven of nine labs fail to find virus in samples from chronic fatigue syndrome patients, researchers report in Science.
What does CFS stand for?
CFS stands for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CFS
We have 457 other meanings of CFS in our Acronym Attic
- Checkered Flag Sports (racing; Martinsville, VA)
- Chelsea Flower Show
- Chenega Federal Systems, LLC (Lorton, VA government contractor)
- Chess for Success (Oregon)
- Chicago Faucet Shoppe (Chicago, IL)
- chicken-fried steak
- Chief Flight Surgeon (USAF)
- Child & Family Services
- Children, Families and Schools (various locations)
- Christian Faith School (Washington)
- Church Farm School (Exton, Pennsylvania)
- CI (Counterintelligence) Force Protection Source (US DoD)
- Cisco Firewall Specialist
- Cleveland Film Society (Ohio)
- Client & Family Support
- Closed-Form Solution (mathematics)
- Cluster File Systems, Inc. (est. 2001; Boulder, CO)
- Cluster-Based Fibonacci Sequence
- Coal Fired Station
- Coated Free Sheet (paper production)
Samples in periodicals archive:
A major study in 2009 that claimed a mouse virus was the cause of chronic fatigue syndrome of the University of California, San Francisco, senior author of the study to be published this week in the journal Science.
Byline: ANI London, Feb 26 (ANI): A new study by researchers in Netherlands has cast doubt on recent claims that a human retrovirus known as XMRV is associated with chronic fatigue syndrome or ME (myalgic encephalitis).
Despite a decade of research into the origins of chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS), researchers still don't know what causes this debilitating disease.
Baxter Travenol Long Term Disability Benefit Plan, the 9th Circuit Court found that an insured with chronic fatigue syndrome who suffered from fatigue, headaches and muscle weakness and received treatment from a psychiatrist for depression and anxiety did not fall within the policy's "mental illness" limitation because the term was ambiguous.
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia are two modern disorders that are often challenging to treat.
Why does MCS have multiple overlaps with chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia?
Film personalizes fatigue syndrome When filmmaker Kim Snyder was diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome in 1995, she knew one day she would make a documentary about the mysterious and misunderstood medical condition.