Her prenatal course had been complicated by bilateral fetal choroid plexus cysts with normal amniocentesis.
What does CPC stand for?
CPC stands for Choroid Plexus Cysts
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CPC
We have 907 other meanings of CPC in our Acronym Attic
- Characteristics Properties Code (NASA)
- Chauffage, Plomberie, Climatisation (French: Heating, Plumbing, Air Conditioning)
- Chemical Protective Clothing
- Chemical Protective Cover
- Chief Pay Clerk
- Child Protection Coalition (Homosassa, Florida)
- Child Protection Conference (UK)
- Chinese Petroleum Corp (Taiwan)
- Chirp Pulse Compression (radar)
- Choroid Plexus Carcinoma
Samples in periodicals archive:
It's hard for mothers to get over the idea of a cyst in the fetal brain when they hear that it is marginally associated with chromosomal abnormalities, for example, despite physician counseling that isolated choroid plexus cysts are not associated with Down syndrome and resolve in essentially all cases, she said.
The 4D ultrasound also enables better diagnosis of abdominal wall defects, which might require immediate surgery after delivery, and choroid plexus cysts, which can be associated with chromosomal abnormalities.
Soft markers include bilateral renal pyelectasis, brachiocephaly, and choroid plexus cysts.
NEW YORK -- Choroid plexus cysts are not an indication for amniocentesis in the absence of other findings on fetal ultrasound, according to Dr.