Spectrometers there record the concentration of hydrogen chloride and chlorine nitrate, which together account for 95 percent of the total chlorine in the stratosphere.
What does CIONO2 stand for?
CIONO2 stands for Chlorine Nitrate
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Cybermedia India Online Ltd
- Classified Interrelated Object Model (computing)
- Closed Intraocular Microsurgery (microsurgery within the eye)
- Council of Islamic Organizations of Michigan
- California Independent Oil Marketers Association
- Committee of the Order of Malta for Leprosy Relief
- Centro Integrado Oscar Marinho Falcao (Portugese: International Center Oscar Marino Falcon; Brazil)
- Colorado Institute of Musical Instrument Technology (music repair; Castle Rock, CO)
- Confédération Interalliée des Officiers Médicaux de Réserve (Interallied Confederation of Medical Reserve Officers)
- Council for International Organizations of Medical Sciences
- Centralny Instytut Ochrony Pracy (Polish: Central Institute for Labour Protection)
- Centro de Investigaciones Opticas (La Plata, Argentina)
- Chartered Insurance Operations Professional Institute (New York, NY)
- Chicago Industrial/Organizational Psychologists
- Coaxial Input/Output Panel
- Common Inter-ORB Protocol
- Common Interface Operating Procedure
- Combined Input/Output Queuing
- Combined Input/Output Queuing Switch
- Cast-Iron Oval Roaster (cookware)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Chlorine nitrate forms over the polar regions during winter, then drifts toward the equator, where according to Toumi it destroys ozone slowly over a wide area.
Chlorine in the stratosphere normally resides in the form of inactive compounds, such as chlorine nitrate, that do not destroy ozone.
Farmer's group measured the concentrations of the two "reservoir' species of chlorine: hydrochloric acid (HCl) and chlorine nitrate (CLONO2).
and her co-workers have proposed that during the polar night, hydrochloric acid (HCl) and chlorine nitrate (ClONO.