That leaves a chlorine monoxide molecule (CIO) and an oxygen molecule ([O.
What does ClO stand for?
ClO stands for Chlorine Monoxide
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ClO
We have 111 other meanings of ClO in our Acronym Attic
- Central Legal Office (National Health Service; UK)
- Centrum Landbouwkundig Onderzoek (Dutch: Agricultural Research Center; Belgium)
- Certified Leasing Officer (Real Estate Institute of Canada accreditation)
- Certified Local Ombudsman
- Chief Learning Officer
- Chief Legal Officer (corporate title)
- Chief Linguistics Officer (yourDictionary.com)
- Chief Loan Officer (finance; various companies)
- Chief Logistics Officer
Samples in periodicals archive:
Ozone breaks down, however, when atomic chlorine reacts with it to form chlorine monoxide and molecular oxygen.
The satellite instruments detected high concentrations of the destructive molecule chlorine monoxide in the Arctic vortex -- a region of cold air enclosed by swirling winds that circle the pole.
The measurements also showed higher-than-anticipated levels of chlorine monoxide (CIO), known to play a key role in destroying ozone in the polar regions.
20, instruments aboard NASA's high-altitude ER-2 aircraft detected record-setting levels of chlorine monoxide (CIO), the key molecule that destroys ozone.
Scientists have also detected extremely high levels of chlorine monoxide in the Arctic and elevated values over the United States, but they do not know the extent of these elevated levels.
Scientists have discovered unexpectedly large concentrations of ozone-destroying chlorine monoxide over the United States -- an ominous sign that chlorine pollution is thinning the ozone layer not just over the poles, but also over the densely populated midlatitudes.
In the new reports, researchers describe finding chlorine monoxide at levels 100 times higher than those over the United States.