The China Western Poverty Reduction Project provides for the construction of schools, clinics and a dam to catch snowmelt for irrigation of the arid and sparsely populated Tibetan plateau.
What does CWPRP stand for?
CWPRP stands for China Western Poverty Reduction Project
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Child Welfare Policy and Practice Group
- Center for Women in Politics and Public Policy
- Commercialisation of Wind Power Potential in Pakistan
- Coastal Wetland Planning, Protection Restoration Act
- Cell Wall Peptido-Rhamnomannan
- Centre for Waste and Pollution Research (Hull University; UK)
- Centre for Water Policy Research (University of New England; Australia)
- Central Wisconsin Pharmaceutical Representatives Association
- Coastal Wetlands Protection & Restoration Act
- Colorado Womens Professional Rodeo Association
- Central Water Power Research Station (Pune, India)
- Channel and Watershed Processes Research Unit (US Department of Agriculture)
- Center for War/Peace Studies
- Center for Women Policy Studies (est. 1972; Washington, DC)
- Central Washington Podiatry Service
- Common Workload Planning System
- Company-Wide Problem Solving (various companies)
- Connected WorkPlace Solutions (Washington, DC)
- Council on Wage and Price Stability (est. 1974; economics)
- Civil War Preservation Trust
Samples in periodicals archive:
In a statement, the bank said it deferred consideration of the China Western Poverty Reduction Project until Thursday, to enable World Bank President James Wolfensohn to chair the meeting.
Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi, musician Adam Yauch, Dana Clark of the Center for International Environmental Law, and Bhuchung Tsering of the International Campaign for Tibet will discuss their opposition to the Bank's China Western Poverty Reduction Project which they claim will threaten the survival of Tibetans and Mongolians in the area and may cause serious environmental degradation.