I feel there is growing evidence of the need to expand the work of child and adolescent mental health services into schools, particularly in the most deprived areas of the country.
What does CAMHS stand for?
CAMHS stands for Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (UK)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CAMHS
We have 2 other meanings of CAMHS in our Acronym Attic
- California Mental Health Advocates for Older Adults
- Cation-Adjusted Mueller-Hinton Broth
- Capital Area Mental Health Center
- Columbia Area Mental Health Center (Columbia, SC)
- Comprehensive Accreditation Manual for Home Care
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health Division (Hawaii Department of Health)
- Content Addressable Memory Hardware Overhead
- Casa Assistencial Maria Helena Paulina (Portugese: Maria Paulina Home Care; São Paulo, Brazil)
- California Association of Mental Health Patients' Rights Advocates
- Child & Adolescent Mental Health Service
- Compact Automatic Message Handling System
- Centro de Actividades Multiples e Investigación (Spanish; Guatemala)
- Channel Average Mutual Information
- Chemically Addicted/Mentally Ill (diagnosis)
- Citizens Against Military Injustice
- Civil Aeromedical Institute
- Civil Aerospace Medical Institute (Oklahoma City, OK, USA)
- Colorado Advanced Materials Institute (Colorado School of Mines)
- Colorado Alliance for Microenterprise Initiatives (Denver)
- Columbia Artists Management, Inc
Samples in periodicals archive:
Kaplan's text is derived from a working group of British mental health care professionals established by the Child and Adolescent Faculty of the Royal College of Psychiatrists in 2003 to examine the delivery of child and adolescent mental health services in emergency departments in the UK.
Figures obtained by the party have revealed that the amount of money for child and adolescent mental health services (CAMHS) fell by more than pounds 1m last year.