The Child Support Recovery Act passed by Congress in 1992 led to many states adopting creative "get tough" policies for fathers who failed to pay child support, ranging from forfeiture of fishing licenses (in Virginia and Wisconsin) to incarceration.
What does CSRA stand for?
CSRA stands for Child Support Recovery Act
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of CSRA
We have 56 other meanings of CSRA in our Acronym Attic
- Canadian Soccer Referees' Association
- Canadian Speedway Racing Association
- Canadian Street Rod Association
- Center for Survey Research and Analysis (University of Connecticut)
- Center for the Study of Rural America
- Central Savannah River Area
- Central States Racing Association
- Certificate Services Remote Administration
- Certified Shorthand Reporters Association
- Chicago School Reform Act (Chicago, IL)
- Chinese Student Radio Association
- Chinook Society for Recovering Addicts (Canada)
- Civil Service Reform/Retirement Act
- Class Size Reduction Amendment (Florida)
- Class-Size Reduction Act
- Colorado Scuba Retailers Association
- Combat System Readiness Assessment
- Corporate Social Responsibility Award (various organizations)
- Critical Security Restricted Area (transit)
- Capitol Square Review and Advisory Board (Ohio)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Second Circuit has held that the Child Support Recovery Act (CSRA)--which imposes criminal sanctions on noncustodial parents who have willfully failed to make court-ordered support payments for their children living in another state--does not create a private right of action on behalf of custodial parents.
SHAMSID- DEEN, a/k/a JEFFREY ALBERT SMITH, age 30, of 14 Degroot Place, Staten Island, New York, was sentenced yesterday under the new felony provisions of the federal Child Support Recovery Act to five years' probation by U.