The organizations sought to evaluate how well all 50 states comply with the federal Child Abuse Prevention and Treatment Act, which provides federal grants for states to improve child protective services and abuse-prevention programs.
What does CAPTA stand for?
CAPTA stands for Child Abuse Prevention and Treatment Act
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of CAPTA
We have 2 other meanings of CAPTA in our Acronym Attic
- Colorado Association of Permit Technicians
- Committee for Advanced Psychiatry Training
- Committee on Appointments Promotion and Tenure
- Complications of AMD Prevention Trial
- Connecticut Academic Performance Test
- Connecticut Association of Physics Teachers
- Coverage Analysis and Planning Tool
- Crew Activity Planning Trainer
- Customer Acceptance Test Plan
- Chicago Area Pet Trainers Association
- Character And Pattern Telephone Access Information Network (Japan)
- Community Action for Parents, Teens and Interested Neighbors (est. 1977; Clifton Park, NY)
- Combined Active Passive Towed Array Sonar
- Community Action Project of Tulsa County (low-income support services program; Tulsa, OK; est. 1964)
- Cornwall Association of Parish and Town Councils (UK)
- Completely Automatic Public Turing Test to Tell Computers and Humans Apart
- Club de Aficionados de los Parques Temáticos Españoles (Spanish: Theme Park Enthusiasts Club)
- Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education
- Conférence Africaine des Postes et Télécommunications des états de l'Afrique de l'Ouest
- Computer/Electronic Accommodations Program Technology Evaluation Center (US DoD)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In anticipation of that legislation, Pennsylvania submitted an application for Child Abuse Prevention and Treatment Act funding on March 29.
This commitment manifested itself in individuals and businesses serving children and included significant efforts from federal (National Child Protection Act of 1 993; The Volunteers for Children Act in 1998; Child Abuse Prevention and Treatment Act -- CAPTA) and state government to reduce the risks and protect our children.