He played a key role in supplying the Navy transport squadrons that participated in the Berlin Airlift, and went on to become Deputy Chief of Naval Material with the rank of Vice Admiral.
What does CHNAVMAT stand for?
CHNAVMAT stands for Chief of Naval Material
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Community Health Network Association
- Community Health Nurses of Alberta (Canada)
- Converium Holdings North America
- Corn Hill Neighborhood Association (Rochester, New York)
- Crieve Hall Neighborhood Association (Nashville, Tennessee)
- Community Health Nurses Association of Canada
- Community Health Needs Assessment Project
- Chronic Hypertrophic Non-Allergic Rhinitis
- Chief Naval Advisory Group
- Chief, Navy-Marine Corps Military Affiliate Radio System
- Chief of Naval Personnel (Washington)
- Chief of Naval Reserves
- Chief, Navy Section, Military Assistance Advisory Group
- Central Hollywood Neighborhood Council (Hollywood, CA)
- Clarina Howard Nichols Center (victims shelter; Morrisville, VT)
- Community Health Nurses of Canada (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
- Community Health Network of Connecticut
- Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum (Smithsonian Institution; New York, NY)
- Centre Hospitalier Nord Deux-Sèvres (French: North Deux-Sèvres Hospital Center; Deux-Sèvres, France)
- Community Health Nursing Examination
Samples in periodicals archive:
Other key assignments included a tour in Washington following his promotion to rear admiral in 1979, where he served successfully as the auditor general of the Navy and the deputy chief of naval materials, resource management.
He spent nearly three years in that billet, but was temporarily assigned to duty in the Office of the Chief of Naval Material from January to September 1978, was promoted to commander in August 1979, and received a gold star in lieu of a second Navy Commendation Medal for his duty at NAVSUP and at CNM.
His last assignment had been as Vice Chief of Naval Material.