The Government of Canada seeks to weaken public health when it strips the Chief Public Health Officer of the Public Health Agency of Canada of his power to act, by removing his organizational responsibilities.
What does CPHO stand for?
CPHO stands for Chief Public Health Officer (Canada)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Chilled Ponds Hockey League (Chesapeake, VA)
- Canadian Public Health Laboratory Network
- Central Public Health Laboratory Service
- Certified Professional in Healthcare Management
- Chief Pharmacist's Mate (rank; US Navy)
- Consultants in Public Health Medicine (UK)
- Cox Proportional Hazards Model (statistics)
- Center for Public Health Nutrition
- Community and Public Health Nurse
- Council of Public Health Nursing (est. 1997; Missouri)
- Chief Photographer's Mate (US Navy)
- Center for Public Health Practice
- Center for Public Health Preparedness
- Colorado Physician Health Program (Denver, CO)
- Crock Pot Hot Process (soap making)
- Crop Post Harvest Programme (UK)
- Center for Public Health Preparedness and Disaster Response
- Center for Public Health Preparedness and Research (Emory University)
- Centre for Population Health Promotion Research (Canada)
- Center for Philosophy, Health and Policy Sciences (University of Texas School of Public Health)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The health-care workers on the ground are the most likely target to do the next step," Dr Gregory Taylor, Chief Public Health Officer of Canada, said in a news conference in Toronto.
Canada's chief public health officer said results from the human trial are expected by December, and if successful, the next stage would be to test it in a larger human sample, including those directly handling Ebola cases in West Africa.
But Gennady Onishchenko, Russia's chief public health officer, said his country is "emphatically against" the use of drug replacement therapy and criticised needle exchanges as promoting illicit drug use.
The Canadian Press quoted Canada's top veterinary officer, Brian Evans and the country's chief public health officer, David Butler-Jones, as saying in Ottawa that the farmhand who travelled to Mexico fell ill upon his return, and apparently infected the pigs with the H1N1 influenza virus.
a rheumatologist and chief public health officer for the Arthritis Foundation.
Mitchell -- also a career Army reservist who was the chief public health officer when U.
The Chief Public Health Officer for Co Wexford, Dr Antoinette Rogers, confirmed the disease was spreading across the south east region.