For example, the chief local elected official of a single-city workforce area with a strong executive may choose to guide and direct the program without input from other elected officials.
What does CLEO stand for?
CLEO stands for Chief Local Elected Official (various locations)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of CLEO
We have 25 other meanings of CLEO in our Acronym Attic
- Centre de Liaison de l'Enseignement et des Médias d'Information (French: Liaison Center for Education and Media Information)
- Courts and Law Enforcement Management Information System (Oakland County, MI)
- Carbon Labeling Experiment Markup Language
- Colorado Laboratory for Environmental Mass Spectrometry (National Renewable Energy Laboratory)
- Computerized Limb Volume Measurement System (orthopaedics)
- Continuing Library Education Network and Exchange
- Continuing Library Education Network and Exchange Round Table
- Center in Law, Economics and Organization
- Centrum voor Landbouw-Economisch Onderzoek (Dutch: Center for Agriculture-Economic Research)
- Chief Law Enforcement Officer
- Classified Energy Online
- Clear Language for Expressing Orders (computer language)
- Come Listen Every One (Korean pop group)
- Community Legal Education Ontario (legal aid clinic)
- Compact Library Extension Organizer (Firefox add-on)
- Conference On Lasers and Electrooptics
- Council on Legal Education Opportunity
- Cumbria and Lancashire Education Online
- Customized Learning Experience Online (Carnegie Mellon University)
- Pacific Rim Conference on Lasers and Electro-Optics
Samples in periodicals archive:
Chief local elected officials should be aware of the new requirements and begin planning now for next summer.
If a particular area includes several cities and counties, the Act requires that the chief local elected officials talk with each other, and agree on a process for making the board appointments and developing the five-year plan.
Local administration of formula-allocated funds: Private industry councils (PICs) established under the Job Training Partnership Act, in coordination with chief local elected officials, will administer the program at the local level.
Currently, the PICs are run by the chief local elected official of the area who can appoint its membership with certain qualifications.
The chief local elected official of each locality listed was mailed an application kit directly from BJA on Wednesday, June 12, 1996.
Once the chief local elected official makes a final determination regarding how the grant will be used, that plan must be sent to the state for review and comment only.
The chief local elected official would appoint the members, including at least one homeless person, a homeless advocate, a homeless provider, a member of the business community, labor, a community representative, a representative from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and a recipient.