uk Global Banking News - 13 January 2012 HSBC Holdings (LSE: HSBA) has announced that it has appointed a chief legal officer.
What does CLO stand for?
CLO stands for Chief Legal Officer (corporate title)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of CLO
We have 111 other meanings of CLO in our Acronym Attic
- Chinese Lunar New Year
- Cali, Colombia - Alfonso Bonilla Aragon (Airport Code)
- Calibrated Lumpy Ore (mining)
- Campylobacter-Like Organism Test (rapid urease test for Helicobacter pylori infection)
- Central Legal Office (National Health Service; UK)
- Centrum Landbouwkundig Onderzoek (Dutch: Agricultural Research Center; Belgium)
- Certified Leasing Officer (Real Estate Institute of Canada accreditation)
- Certified Local Ombudsman
- Chief Learning Officer
Samples in periodicals archive:
The 2009 Chief Legal Officer Survey asked CLOs to rate the pressure that corporations are applying to law firms to change the value proposition in legal service delivery, as opposed to simply cutting costs.
BIRMINGHAM City Council's chief legal officer has been recognised in the annual UK's Asian Power 100 awards.
The attorney can transfer that duty to the chief legal officer and eventually to the board of directors.
If, for example, the chief legal officer takes responsibility for the company's legal affairs, why shouldn't the chief communications officer be similarly accountable for harmonious external relations?
The average salary, taking into account all industries, for a corporation's chief legal officer in 1991 was $177,185.
His extensive experience serving as the Chief Legal Officer of a major international corporation as well as his substantial experience with corporate governance and compliance issues will be a tremendous asset to Cintas and our shareholders.
uk Morgan Stanley (NYSE MS) has said that its chief legal officer, Gary Lynch, is to step down from office.