The mansion at Brithdir, near Dolgellau, was built by Sir Richard Richards (1752-1823), Lord Chief Baron of the Exchequer, after he had acquired Caerynwch Estate following his marriage in 1785 to Catherine Humphreys.
What does CB stand for?
CB stands for Chief Baron (of the Court of Exchequer)
This definition appears somewhat frequently
See other definitions of CB
We have 119 other meanings of CB in our Acronym Attic
- Chauncey Billups (basketball player)
- Chemical & Biological
- Chemical and/or Biological
- Chemical Brothers (band)
- Chesapeake Bay (Maryland)
- Chester Bennington (musician)
- Chicago Bears
- Chicago Bulls
Samples in periodicals archive:
5) The case came before the common law Court of Exchequer on appeal, and the court's head, Chief Baron Jonathan Frederick Pollock, favoring the plaintiff despite his inability to present affirmative evidence of the defendant's negligence, observed that "[t]here are certain cases of which it may be said res ipsa loquitur, and this seems one of them.
The Bay Tree Hotel, Burford, former residence of Sir Lawrence Tanfield, Chief Baron of the Exchequer to Elizabeth I.
The following speech, this time enunciated by a different Lord Chief Baron five years later, urged the City to permit an investigation of its actions: I believe the latest scheme which has been announced to you and which deserves your consideration, is an amalgamation with the many millions by whom you are surrounded, and who constitute the inhabitants of the entire metropolis.
Angela played the tragically lovelorn heroine who kills evil Roman Police chief Baron Scarpia, played by Bryn.
Fellow Aussie Donald Maxwell is splendid as embassy chief Baron Zeta, who has to keep the widow's wealth at home, while Geoffrey Dolton is a comedy delight as spy Njegus.
But Lord Chief Baron Macdonald steered the jury back in the direction of murder, resulting in Smith being sentenced to death.
He is actually helping his friend Angelotti escape the clutches of evil police chief Baron Scarpia, who himself lusts after Tosca.