28, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Although the check engine light may look scary lit up on the dashboard, there is nothing to fear.
What does CEL stand for?
CEL stands for Check Engine Light
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of CEL
We have 183 other meanings of CEL in our Acronym Attic
- Center for English Language (various locations)
- Center for Enriched Living (Riverwoods, IL)
- Center for Entrepreneurial Leadership
- Central-Eurasia-L (mailing list; Harvard University; Cambridge, MA)
- Centre d'Essais des Landes (French: Landes test center)
- Centre d'Étude de Langues (French: Center for the Study of Languages)
- Certificate in English Language (various locations)
- Certificate of English Law
- Channel Effluent Limit
- Chauffage par les Énergies Locales (French renewable energy company)
- Chemical Engineering Laboratory
- Christ Evangelical Lutheran
- Civil Engineering Laboratory
- Civilian Employment Level
- Closed End Liftable (tubing)
- Combined Events List
- Comisión Ejecutiva Hidroeléctrica del Río Lempa (El Salvador)
- Commission on Environmental Law (International Union for Conservation of Nature)
- Common Equipment List
- Communications Engineering Laboratory
Samples in periodicals archive:
Virtual Technician reduces downtime and decreases maintenance costs by providing a technical snapshot of the powertrain s status as soon as the Check Engine light comes on.
TOM: Either way, if we're correct, the Check Engine light will come on soon.
Ever been driving along in your car, glanced down at the dashboard and seen the CHECK ENGINE light on?
For example, a blinking Check Engine light indicates a severe misfire that could damage your car's expensive catalytic converter.
A month or two ago, the Check Engine light came on, and a scan said I had two bad oxygen sensors.
Because the severity of the check engine light incident is immediately relayed to the Detroit Customer Support Center for diagnosis and a service recommendation, Western Star drivers and fleet managers will have peace of mind knowing they are making informed decisions while on the job.
95 to inspect the check engine light, air bag light, ABS system, electrical system or transmission.