Impact on Gas Mileage As fuel prices rise, CarMD's Index accentuates the need for consumers to be aware that driving with the check engine light on often indicates a problem that can negatively impact fuel economy.
What does CEL stand for?
CEL stands for Check Engine Light
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of CEL
We have 183 other meanings of CEL in our Acronym Attic
- Center for English Language (various locations)
- Center for Enriched Living (Riverwoods, IL)
- Center for Entrepreneurial Leadership
- Central-Eurasia-L (mailing list; Harvard University; Cambridge, MA)
- Centre d'Essais des Landes (French: Landes test center)
- Centre d'Étude de Langues (French: Center for the Study of Languages)
- Certificate in English Language (various locations)
- Certificate of English Law
- Channel Effluent Limit
- Chauffage par les Énergies Locales (French renewable energy company)
- Chemical Engineering Laboratory
- Christ Evangelical Lutheran
- Civil Engineering Laboratory
- Civilian Employment Level
- Closed End Liftable (tubing)
- Combined Events List
- Comisión Ejecutiva Hidroeléctrica del Río Lempa (El Salvador)
- Commission on Environmental Law (International Union for Conservation of Nature)
- Common Equipment List
- Communications Engineering Laboratory
Samples in periodicals archive:
After a few times of doing this, the check engine light turned on and the engine had no power.
Every so often and seemingly at random, the Check Engine light comes on and a DTC P0420 (catalyst efficiency below threshold) is stored in PCM memory.
If your Check Engine light is blinking while you're driving, you should pull over immediately.
However, in this case, the Accord's Check Engine light is on and the ECM has stored a VTEC system malfunction code, DTC 1259.
Pay attention to your check engine light and your vehicle's sensors or you could pay the price," says Bryan Gregory Advance Auto Parts' (NYSE:AAP) director of consumer education.
Don't Assume the Check Engine Light means a Tune-Up is Needed
If I attempt to drive the car during this period, the Check Engine light will come on in less than 20 yards, and codes P1519 and P1520 are stored in memory.