There is an optional 12-month period available at the charterer's option at a rate of $40,000 per day.
What does CHOPT stand for?
CHOPT stands for Charterer's Option (shipping)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
- Carbon, Hydrogen, Oxygen, Phosphorus, Nitrogen, and Sulfur (elements making up a cell)
- Center for Health Outcomes and Policy Research
- Check Operator Services (Nokia phone error)
- Chief Operations
- Cold Heavy Oil Production with Sand
- Controlled Humidity Operational Preservation System
- Conveying and Handling of Particulate Solids (conference)
- Crab-Like Headquarters Obviously Possesses Super Hair Obliterating Power (Kids Next Door show)
- Change of Operational Control Summary
- Center on Health Outcomes and Quality (Emory University)
- Center for Health Outcomes Research (University of South Florida)
- Chorasmian (linguistics)
- Conference on the History of Records and Archives
- Centocor Health Outcomes in Rheumatic Diseases (research fellowship program)
- Centre for the History of Retailing and Distribution (est. 1998; University of Wolverhampton; UK)
- Citizens and Home Owners for Reasonable Development
- Citizens Helping Officials Respond to Emergencies (Hawaii)
- Coalition of Homeowners for Rights and Education (Arizona)
- Children's Hospital Oakland Research Institute (Oakland, California, USA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
pursuant to a time charter with a remaining period of approximately 33 to 35 months at the charterer's option, at an initial rate of $30,750 per day, which commenced immediately upon the delivery of the vessel to the Company.
Charterer's option for one plus one additional year.
Charterer's option to extend for one additional year.
If Charterers exercise their option for M/V Grand Ocean 3rd year, Brazil 3rd year hire to remain $28,985 (7) Charterer's option for 1 additional year (8) Charterer's option for 6 additional months (9) Charterer's option for 1+1 additional years.
50 min: November 2011 max: January 2012 China 135,364 Capesize 1992 $12,753 min: November 2015 max: October 2016 Grand Ocean 149,498 Capesize 1990 $15,360, one additional year charterer's option at $15,360 min: December 2010 max: April 2011 max (if option exercised): April 2012 Grand Venetico 134,982 Capesize 1990 $17,760 additional six month charterer's option at $17,760 min: June 2011 max: October 2011 max (if option exercised): April 2012 Grand Rodosi(3) 68,788 Panamax 1990 $10,174.
The following table presents information about the drybulk vessels: Profit Daily Sharing Dwt Year Charter Expiry Base Rate Above Base Rate (2007) Drybulk 51,200 2002 Bareboat May 1st or $25,650 None Vessel #1 Charter June 30th 2009, at charterer's option Drybulk 73,506 1995 Time 24-26 months from $29,700 None Vessel #2 Charter delivery, at charterer's option Drybulk 45,526 2000 Time 23-25 months from $22,000 None Vessel #3 Charter December 30th, 2006 at charterer's option Total 170,232 Drybulk DWT Liquidity and Capital Resources As of June 30, 2007, TOP Tankers had total indebtedness under senior secured credit facilities of $348.
As previously announced, the Company has entered into a time charter contract with BHP Billiton Marketing AG for the Semirio for a four-year period with one year extension at the charterer's option.