Charge-coupled device technology provides the metal analysis.
What does CCD stand for?
CCD stands for Charge-Coupled Device (type of image sensor)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CCD
We have 448 other meanings of CCD in our Acronym Attic
- Centro Cristiano Democratico (Christian Democratic Center; Italian political party)
- Centro Cristiano Democratico (Italian: Christian Democratic Center)
- Centros Comunitarios Digitales (Spanish: Digital Community Centres; Mexico)
- Certified Camp Director
- Certified Christian Doula
- Certified Clinical Densitometrist (bone density certification)
- Chair Command Disconnect
- Changeling Control Division (comic strip)
- Charge-Coupled Detector
- Charge-Coupled Device
- Charity Commission Direct (UK)
- Chartered Creative Director (AAPRMA)
- Chattahoochee Country Dancers (Atlanta, GA)
- Checkout Command Decoder
- ChemExper Chemical Directory (Internet database)
- Chemical Composition Distribution
- Chemical Control Division (EPA)
- Christian Commission for Development (est. 1982)
- Ciena CoreDirector (Ciena)
- Cincinnati Country Day (school; Cincinnati, OH)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Astronomers use charge-coupled devices (CCDs)-light-sensitive semiconductors that register almost every photon that hits them-to catch the scant rays from distant objects.
As the largest European manufacturer of charge-coupled device (CCD) and laser-based bar code readers and mobile computers, Datalogic has been a long-standing strategic partner of ScanSource Europe.
Higher resolution CIS chips reflect industry-wide attention on CIS technology as a promising new imaging technology as well as a feasible replacement of charge-coupled device (CCD), especially in mobile applications such as camera phones, digital still cameras and digital camcorders.
Using a charge-coupled device, the Stuttgart group showed that siloxene materials can emit a rainbow of colors, including porous silicon's red and blue, a color not yet reported from porous silicon and one crucial for creating color displays or signs, Brandt says.
The company's platforms enable significant savings in board space and overall assembly costs for manufacturers of a large variety of semiconductor devices, including complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) and charge-coupled device (CCD) area array and linear sensors, photodiodes, and various types of RF-MEMS and mixed signal devices.
With a detector known as a charge-coupled device, they picked up images of more complicated objects, such as letters of the alphabet.
Shellcase's wafer-level packaging platforms enable economies of scale for manufacturers of a large variety of semiconductor devices, such as complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) and charge-coupled device (CCD) area array and linear sensors, other optical devices like photodiodes, as well as various types of RF-MEMS devices, memories and mixed signals.