Improved Networking: Enhancements on the z990 include the capability to support up to four logical channel subsystems, up to 1024 I/O channels and improved networking connectivity--helping IT professionals simplify and manage even the most demanding infrastructure complexities in a security-rich environment.
What does CSS stand for?
CSS stands for Channel SubSystem
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of CSS
We have 938 other meanings of CSS in our Acronym Attic
- Centralized Supply Support
- Centrally Sponsored Schemes (India)
- Certificate of Special Studies (Harvard Extension School in administration and management)
- Certified Security Solutions, Inc. (Kirkland, WA)
- Certified Security Supervisor (International Foundation for Protection Officers)
- Certified Semen Services, Inc. (National Association of Animal Breeders)
- Certified Senior Specialist
- Certified Specialist of Spirits (Society of Wine Educators certification)
- Cervical Spinal Stenosis
- Channel Stacking Switch
- Characteristic Structures
- Charcoal-Stripped Serum
- Charter Sports Southeast
- Cheap Suit Serenaders (band)
- Checkpoint Security Supervisor
- Chemical Sciences Scotland (UK)
- Chemung-Schuyler-Steuben (New York)
- Chesapeake Service Systems (Chesapeake, VA)
- Chicago, South Shore, and South Bend Railroad
- Chicken Salad Sandwich
Samples in periodicals archive:
Both of these machines support up to 15 logical partitions and have one channel subsystem.
The zSeries 990 Model A08, which has eight active processors, and Model B16, which has sixteen active processors, will be available June 16, and they will support up to 15 logical partitions and have one channel subsystem.
IBM has also introduced a new technology called logical channel subsystems, which can make it easier for customers to consolidate multiple mainframes into a larger z990.
Sun's selection of Seagate as a supplier of storage products for its second-generation Fibre Channel subsystem underscores the closeness of that relationship.
Targeted at system integrators, OEMs and value-added resellers, the ProFibre Storage Array DF4000J is the first in a series of 2 Gb/s Fibre Channel subsystem enclosures.
The ProFibre Storage Array DF4000J is the first in a series of 2-Gigabit (Gb) Fibre Channel subsystem enclosures.
2955 LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 8, 2001 Today at Spring NetWorld+Interop 2001, IBM introduced the ProFibre Storage Array DF4000J, the first in a series of 2-Gigabit (Gb) Fibre Channel subsystem enclosures.