The search was then finetuned using another NASA orbital telescope, the Chandra X-Ray Observatory.
What does CXO stand for?
CXO stands for Chandra X-ray Observatory
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CXO
We have 1 other meaning of CXO in our Acronym Attic
- Customer Experience Management (Houston, TX)
- China Xinjiang Mountain Away International Trade Co., Ltd.
- China Xinjiang Mountaineering Association
- Commerce Extensible Markup Language
- Compaq Extended Math Library
- Conversion X-Ray Mossbauer Spectroscopy
- Checkerboard Nightmare (web comic)
- China Xin Network (finance)
- Chinahtml Extensible Markup Language News Aggregator
- Chief Executive Officer (corporate title)
- Chief Experience Officer (corporate title)
- Chief X Officer (generic term for job title where X represents the specific position)
- CHIP Xonio Online (Germany)
- Clock Crystal Oscillator
- Command Executive Officer
- Company Executive Officer
- Conroe, TX (Airport Identifier)
- Corporate Executive Officer
- Customer Experience Optimization (software)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Researchers at the NASA's Swift, Hubble Space Telescope and Chandra X-ray Observatory have teamed up to study one of the most puzzling cosmic blasts observed till date.
This result could be explained as arrested development of the universe,' said Alexey Vikhlinin of the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics, who led a multinational team using NASA’s Chandra X-ray Observatory to weigh galaxy clusters from far across space.
Chandra X-Ray Observatory What can read a comic strip from a kilometer away or the letters on a STOP sign 9 km (12 mi) off?
CAPTION(S): Photo PHOTO A computer image shows the Chandra X-ray Observatory as it will look in orbit more than 6,000 miles up.
Other missions included the Hubble Space Telescope, Compton Gamma-Ray Observatory and the Chandra X-Ray Observatory.
Calling it "one of the most puzzling cosmic blasts ever observed," NASA said it has mobilized the Hubble Space Telescope along with its Swift satellite and Chandra X-ray Observatory, the lead scientist for Swift at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center.
Among the full-color pictures are those from the Spirit and Opportunity Mars landers, the Chandra X-ray Observatory, the European Space Agency's Huygens probe, the Spitzer Space Telescope and the Hubble Space Telescope.