He had proven that a black man was capable of becoming the heavyweight champion and his deliberate policy of challenging white supremacy in the boxing ring was vindicated.
What does CWS stand for?
CWS stands for Challenging White Supremacy (Workshop; San Francisco, CA)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CWS
We have 237 other meanings of CWS in our Acronym Attic
- Catholic Welfare Services
- Caution and Warning Status (NASA)
- Caution and Warning System
- Center for Wilderness Safety (Sterling, VA)
- Centre for Women's Studies (various locations)
- Centronics Web Systems
- Certified Water Specialist (National Water Quality Association)
- Certified Waterproofing Specialist (National Association of Waterproofing and Structural Repair Contractors)
- Certified Wealth Strategist
- Certified Wound Specialist
Samples in periodicals archive:
Sharon Martinas, creator of Challenging White Supremacy programs, has put together a list she calls "anti-racist toilet training" for whites.
Organizations like Challenging White Supremacy and the Catalyst Project in the San Francisco Bay Area became popular centers for anti-racist training programs for white activists.