Hochendoner received her Certified Medical Transcriptionist degree in 1998, and was re-certified again in 2001.
What does CMT stand for?
CMT stands for Certified Medical Transcriptionist
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CMT
We have 407 other meanings of CMT in our Acronym Attic
- Central Macular Thickness (ophthalmology)
- Centrally Maintained Table (database management)
- Centre des Musiques Traditionnelles (French: Center for Traditional Music)
- Centre for Music Technology (University of Glasgow, UK)
- Centroid Moment Tensor (seismology)
- Certificate Management Tool
- Certificate of Military Training (UK)
- Certified Massage Therapist
- Certified Medical Technician
- Certified Music Therapist
- Cervical Motion Tenderness
- Character-Mode Terminal (Nortel)
- Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease (muscular atrophy)
- Charge Medical Technician (USAF)
- Chartered Market Technician
- Châtenay Malabry Tennis (French tennis club)
- Check My Thread
- Childrens Musical Theatre
- Chinese Medicine Times (various locations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The American Association for Medical Transcription awards the voluntary designation Certified Medical Transcriptionist to those who earn passing scores on written and practical exams.
There is currently a shortage of certified medical transcriptionists and speech recognition editors to perform the work available and, with health care reform and the move to electronic health records, this need will increase.