Offsets generated through the Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) as Certified Emission Reduction credits (CERs).
What does CER stand for?
CER stands for Certified Emission Reduction (under Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change guidelines)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CER
We have 268 other meanings of CER in our Acronym Attic
- Centre Éducatif Renforcé (French educational center)
- Centre for Entrepreneurship Research (UK and Ireland)
- Centre for European Reform
- Centre for Research on Economic Relationships (Mid-Sweden University; Sundsvall, Sweden)
- Centro Especializado En Recuperación (Spanish: Center Specializing In Recovery)
- Centro Especializado en Rehabilitación (Spanish: Specialized Rehabilitation Center)
- Centro Europa Richerche
- Cercle d'Escrime Rhodanien (French fencing club)
- Certified Electronic Reporter (American Association of Electronic Reporters and Transcribers)
- Certified Emission Reduction
Samples in periodicals archive:
Dubai Aluminium recently received the Certified Emission Reduction (CER) credits for a greenhouse gases project registered under the United Nations Clean Development Mechanism (CDM).
com/prnh/20090727/CL51999LOGO) The Phase II and III EUA daily futures and the CER daily futures contracts are physically deliverable and will represent a lot size of 1,000 emission allowances and 1,000 certified emission reduction units respectively.
5 lakh temporary certified emission reductions (tCERs) for plantations raised over 4,003 hectares in the first phase covering the period 2006-2018 depending on the growth of biomass.
The Facility will forward purchase Certified Emission Reductions (CERs) expected to be produced from 2013 to 2020 from projects directly financed by IFC or by local banks financed by IFC.
If this project is successfully managed under the Kyoto Protocol, Certified Emission Reduction or 'CERS' would be issued to the Omani government, while the proceeds to the government could be invested in environmental and sustainable development projects.
Pakistan, therefore, needs to intensify its efforts manifold to develop and submit high quality CDM projects in order to acquire a reasonable share in the global flows of Certified Emission Reductions (CER).
4 MW Khande wind farm was included among the CDM projects by the UNFCCC, from which it will earn 85,000 certified emission reductions annually, worth over one million euros per year.