Unlike a personal trainer or fitness instructor, athletic trainers must have a bachelor or master's degree in their field and pass a comprehensive accreditation exam in order to become a certified athletic trainer (ATC).
What does ATC stand for?
ATC stands for Certified Athletic Trainer
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ATC
We have 806 other meanings of ATC in our Acronym Attic
- Automatic Train Control (rail signaling systems)
- Automatic Transfer Case (General Motors)
- Automatic Transmission Control
- Automotive Training Center (Exton, Pennsylvania)
- Autonomic and Trusted Computing (conference)
- Available Transmission Capacity
- Avalos Transportation Company, Inc. (Orlando, FL)
- Average Total Cost
- Aviation Training Center
- Azienda Trasporti Consorziali (Bologna, Italy)
- Chief Aviation Electronics Technician (Naval Rating)
- Mini-Armored Troop Carrier
- Air Traffic Control and Landing System
- Applied Technology Council-20 (post-earthquake safety review)
- Applied Technology Council-21 (post earthquake safety review)
- Adaptive Transform Coding Harmonic Scaling
- Around the Corner Production (Iowa)
- Anatomical Therapeutical Chemical Classification/Defined Daily Doses (antibiotic drug use; World Health Organization)
- Athletic Trainer Certified and Registered
- Automatic Target Cueing/Recognition
Samples in periodicals archive:
95 RC1213 This review from the American College of Sports Medicine contains 120 chapters by authors working mostly in the US in all medical specialties and athletic training and physical therapy to help primary care physicians, specialists, and certified athletic trainers prepare for a sports medicine sub-specialty certification exam.
The Oregon School Activities Association says the odds of having a certified athletic trainer on the sidelines at your son's high school football field this Friday night aren't quite that good.
Miller, certified athletic trainer and assistant professor of health, nutrition and exercise science at NDSU, has investigated whether pickle juice affects muscle cramps.
Combining theoretical and practical information, the text is suitable as a textbook for athletic training students, and as a reference for practicing certified athletic trainers and other allied health care professionals.
Dorman launched a study that found a statewide problem: Only 34 of 342 high schools with football programs in Oklahoma had a certified athletic trainer on staff, and even fewer had access during a game to either a doctor or an ambulance.
In the case of interscholastic sports, is there a certified athletic trainer on staff?
Chris Phillips is a certified Athletic Trainer and Strength and Conditioning Specialist with over 15 years of experience in professional sports.