A certificate of participation is a financing device similar to a bond, but it is paid back through the district's regular budget and not increased taxes.
What does COP stand for?
COP stands for Certificate of Participation
This definition appears frequently
See other definitions of COP
We have 351 other meanings of COP in our Acronym Attic
- Carousel of Progress (Disney attraction)
- Carry Over Parts (automotive)
- Cash on Pickup
- Cash Operating Profit
- Center of Pedagogy (various schools)
- Center of Population
- Center of Pressure
- Center on Philanthropy
- Central Oregon & Pacific (railroad)
- Centre for Orangutan Protection (Indonesia)
- Certification of Process
- Certified Outsourcing Professional (International Association of Outsourcing Professionals)
- Cessation of Production (oil)
- Chains of Promathia (gaming)
- Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA)
- Change Of Plan
- Change of Plea (court term)
- Changeover Point
- Character Oriented Protocol
- Chief of Party (various locations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
15, 2004 Fitch Ratings raises the ratings on five certificate of participation issues secured by lease payments made by Los Angeles County, California to 'A-' from 'BBB+'.
The district expects a certificate of participation issuance in fiscal 2000.