Blanco telescope at the National Science Foundation's Cerro Tololo Inter-American Observatory in Chile, which is the southern branch of the U.
What does CTIO stand for?
CTIO stands for Cerro Tololo Inter-American Observatory
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CTIO
We have 2 other meanings of CTIO in our Acronym Attic
- Coupled Thermosphere Ionosphere Model
- Christians Together in the March Area (Mach, England, UK)
- Cellular TIMIT (Texas Instruments and Massachussetts Institute of Technology; bandwidth)
- Clinical Trial of an Investigational Medicinal Product (National Health Service; UK)
- Center for Telecommunications and Information Networking (Drexel University)
- Centro de Transformación integrado
- Comité Technique National des Infections Nosocomiales
- Computer Technology Investigators Network (est. 1996)
- Counterdrug Technology Information Network (various nations)
- Cuba Trade & Investment News
- Chief Technology Information Officer (Washington Department of Health)
- Counter Terrorism Intelligence Officer
- Ceramic Tile Institute of America
- Computer Telephony Integration Object Server (Cisco Systems, Inc.)
- Charge-Transfer Infinite Order Sudden Approximation
- Career Technical Implementation Plan (educations; various organizations)
- Cargo Theft Interdiction Program (California)
- Centre de Traitement de l'Information du PMSI
- Clinical Tobacco Intervention Program (Canada)
- Coastal Training and Information Program (National Estuarine Research Reserves)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Blanco Telescope at the Cerro Tololo Inter-American Observatory perched in the Andes, Jiangang Hao of the Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory in Batavia, Ill.
Astronomers found the stars using a telescope at the Cerro Tololo Inter-American Observatory near La Serena, Chile.
The team discovered the star systems--2 triplets, 3 pairs, and 15 single stars--using a telescope at the Cerro Tololo Inter-American Observatory near La Serena, Chile.
Using a new wide-field camera attached to a 4-meter telescope at the Cerro Tololo Inter-American Observatory near La Serena, Chile, Peng's team viewed Centaurus A through several color filters.
and Oscar Saa of the Cerro Tololo Inter-American Observatory in La Serena, Chile, hurriedly set up a 14-inch, visible-light telescope in Mamina in northern Chile.
Scientists had dubbed the object Gomez' Hamburger in honor of Arturo Gomez of the Cerro Tololo Inter-American Observatory in La Serena, Chile, who discovered the object from there in 1985.
and his colleagues scanned a relatively barren patch of sky using a 4-meter telescope at the Cerro Tololo Inter-American Observatory in La Serena, Chile.