Stroke has changed from being a cerebrovascular insult to an infarct with specific causality, which can be acutely treated.
What does CVI stand for?
CVI stands for Cerebrovascular Insult
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CVI
We have 139 other meanings of CVI in our Acronym Attic
- C (Language) Virtual Instrument
- Calexico International Airport (California, USA)
- Canaan Valley Institute
- Capital Valley Inquirer (blog)
- Capital Venture Initiative
- Cardiovascular Information
- Carrosserie Véhicules Industriels (French industrial vehicle company)
- Center for the Visually Impaired (various locations)
- Center of Visual Impact
- Centre de Vaccinations Internationales (French: International Center for Immunizations)
- Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (various locations)
- Chemical Vapour Infiltration
- Chief Vigilance Inspector
- Children's Vaccine Initiative
- Chronic Venous Insufficiency
- Class VI (white water rafing classification)
- Climatisation Ventilation Industrielle (French air conditioning company)
- Clinical and Vaccine Immunology (journal)
- Close Visual Inspection (oil industry)
- Coastal Vulnerability Index
Samples in periodicals archive:
Increased concentrations of S-100 have also been found in the blood of patients suffering from CNS tumors or cerebrovascular insults, and maximal concentrations of S-100 in the blood are correlated with the infarct volume after acute ischemic stroke (1-6).
The diagnosis of epilepsy is on the rise due to an increase in cerebrovascular insults in the aging of the population, traumatic brain injury and head trauma incurred in active military combat duty as well as civilian accidents, and the improved diagnosis of multiple pediatric and adult-onset seizure conditions.