A previously unknown plumbing system has been found to blast out waste by flushing it with the brain's cleaning solution--cerebrospinal fluid, Jeffrey Iliff of the University of Rochester Medical Center in New York and his colleagues watched cerebrospinal fluid flowing through the brains of living mice using an imaging technique called two-photon laser scanning microscopy.
What does CSF stand for?
CSF stands for Cerebrospinal Fluid
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CSF
We have 420 other meanings of CSF in our Acronym Attic
- Castlemaine State Festival (Australia)
- Casualty Staging Facility
- Cat-Scratch Fever
- Catastrophic System Failure
- Cégep Sainte-Foy (French)
- Central Scotland Forest (UK)
- Central Supply Facility
- Centre Stores Fermetures (French window and door company)
- Centre Subaquatique Français (French: French Underwater Center)
- Cercle des Sénateurs Francophones (French: French Senators Circle)
- Cesium Fluoride (inorganic compound; aka Caesium Flouride)
- Ceylinco Securities & Financial Services (Sri Lanka)
- Chambre Syndicale Professionnelle Nationale de la Féculerie de Pomme de Terre (French)
- Chantiers Spatiaux Français (French: French Building Space)
- Chaudronnerie Serrurerie du Forez (French metalworks company)
- Chemical Storage Facility
- Chemical Support Facility
- Chercheurs sans Frontières (French: Researchers without Borders)
- Chief of Security Forces
- Children's Scholarship Fund
Samples in periodicals archive:
Furthermore amyloid-beta oligomers levels are increased in brain and cerebrospinal fluid samples from people with Alzheimer's disease.
The neurologist inquires whether a test exists for the presence of cerebrospinal fluid in the nasal drainage.
We describe a unique case in which spontaneous bilateral intrasphenoidal lateral encephaloceles were discovered in a 53-year-old man during a work-up for cerebrospinal fluid leak.
Our first two clinical studies demonstrated that C-tau is highly sensitive for identifying patients with traumatic brain injury employing our current cerebrospinal fluid C-tau assay.
Miniscule particles in the cerebrospinal fluid of patients with schizophrenia may result from the disease process or may be causally involved, said Dr.
Surgical placement of the shunt creates a new pathway to improve cerebrospinal fluid flow.
GlobalData's new report, Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Management Market Outlook in BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa) to 2017 provides key market data on the Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Management market in the BRICS countries.