The first randomized, placebo-controlled study of the efficacy of intravenous heparin in the treatment of cerebral venous sinus thrombosis was published in 1991 by Einhaupl et al, who found a statistically significant difference in outcomes in favor of anticoagulation therapy.
What does CVST stand for?
CVST stands for Cerebral Venous Sinus Thrombosis (medical condition)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CVST
- Central Valley Spatial Reference Network (California)
- Centre for Voluntary Sector Studies (Canada)
- Common Vulnerability Scoring System
- Computerised Vehicle Storage Systems (parking systems)
- Continuous Variable Shutter Speed (videography)
- Council of Voluntary Social Services (Jamaica)
- Crime Victims Services Section (Ohio)
- Currumbin Valley State School (Gold Coast, Australia)
- Centre for Vision, Speech, and Signal Processing (University of Surrey)
- Center for Vision Science and Technology (University of Southern California; Los Angeles, CA)
- Chinese Visiting Scholars in Toronto (Canada)
- Continuous Vectorcardiography ST-Segment Monitoring (cardiology)
- Corporate Voluntary Sector Team (UK)
- Countryside Volunteer Search Team (Hong Kong)
- Cardiovascular Surgery Unit
- Cavite State University (Philippines)
- Commercial Vehicle Safety Unit (BCOPD)
- Crime Victim and Sexual Violence Center (Albany, NY)
- Capacitor Voltage Transformer
- Capital Value Tax
Samples in periodicals archive:
8), (9) The clinically relevant neonatal stroke syndromes are: (9) * arterial ischaemic strokes (AIs) * cerebral venous sinus thrombosis (CVST) * peri-ventricular venous infarction.
Abstract: Cerebral venous sinus thrombosis (CVST) is a rare and potentially deadly condition.