3 million new infections and 800,000 deaths in South Africa alone over the next 20 years," said Salim Abdool Karim of the Centre for the AIDS Programme of Research in South Africa, or CAPRISA, who co-led the research with his wife, Quarraisha.
What does CAPRISA stand for?
CAPRISA stands for Centre for the AIDS Programme of Research in South Africa
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Computer-Aided Passive Ranging Indicator
- Computerized Advanced Personnel Requirements Information
- Computerized Advanced Personnel Requirements Inventory
- Confidentiality and Privacy Group
- Critical Assessment of Prediction of Interaction (proteins)
- Call Processing in Optical Core Networks
- Clopidogrel vs Aspirin in Patients at Risk of Ischemic Events
- Cape April (Australia depression charity fund raising and awareness event)
- Committee Against Political Repression in Liberia
- Combat Active/Passive Radar Identification System
- Chemical and Pesticides Results Measures (Environmental Protection Agency/Florida State University)
- Canada Asia Pacific Resource Network
- Canadian Association of Professional Radio Operators
- Cape Atlantic Paranormal Research Society (Northfield, NJ)
- Community Air Passenger Reporting System (European Union project to provide air passengers with carriers' performance info)
- Completion Assistance Postgraduate Research Scholarship
- Computer Assisted Police Records System
- Corrective Action Problem Report & Summary
- Center for Aquatic Plant Research and Technology
- 3-(cyclohexylamino)-1-Propanesulfonic Acid