These large multigenerational families donated their DNA to the Centre d'Etude du Polymorphisme Humain (CEPH) approximately twenty years ago, and since then their DNA has been a critical resource in the mapping studies that identified genes for a number of genetic diseases and disorders.
What does CEPH stand for?
CEPH stands for Centre d'Etude du Polymorphisme Humain
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CEPH
We have 1 other meaning of CEPH in our Acronym Attic
- Critical Ecosystem Partnership Fund
- Capital Efficient Profitable Growth
- Consolidated Emitter Parameter Guide
- Convection Enhanced Pirani Gauge (vacuum measurement device)
- Corporate Engineering Process Group (various locations)
- Corps of Engineers Command Planning Group
- Cross-Equatorial Pressure Gradient
- Communaute Economique des Pays des Grands Lacs (French: Economic Community of the Great Lakes Countries)
- Community Environmental Projects Grant Program (Canada)
- Civil Engineering Program Guidance Team (US Coast Guard)
- Certified Expert Software Assurance Specialist (Lunarline School of Cybersecurity; various locations)
- Code Enforcement and Public Health (Brooklyn, NY)
- Continuing Education Program Hour (Texas Administrative Code)
- Council on Education for Public Health
- Cost Efficient Passive Houses as European Standards
- Centre for the Evaluation of Public Health Interventions (LSHTM)
- Centre for Epidemiology and Population Health Research (Australia)
- Center for Educational Performance and Information (Michigan)
- Centre d'Etude pour la Prévention de l'Incendie (French: Study Centre for the Prevention of Fire)
- Certified Equity Professional Institute
Samples in periodicals archive:
The samples from people with Northern and Western European ancestry had previously been prepared for the Centre d'Etude du Polymorphisme Humain (CEPH) and are part of the NIGMS Repository at Coriell.
Dausset is the founder and currently president of the Centre d'Etude du Polymorphisme Humain (CEPH), Paris, one of the first research institutes involved in building the human genetic map for the study of genetic diseases, known as the human genome project.