Traditional assessment of oxygen delivery has largely relied on global measures of perfusion, such as cardiac output, mean arterial blood pressure, central venous oxygen saturations and arterial lactate concentrations.
What does ScvO2 stand for?
ScvO2 stands for Central Venous Oxygen Saturation
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Santa Clara Valley Medical Center (San Jose, CA)
- Sons of Confederate Veterans Mechanized Cavalry (motorcycle club)
- System Center Virtual Machine Manager (Microsoft)
- Santa Clarita Valley Macintosh User Group (California)
- Sabino Canyon Volunteer Naturalists (Arizona)
- Southern California Venture Network
- Sandwell Council of Voluntary Organisations (est. 1997; Smethwick, West Midlands, UK)
- Scottish Council for Voluntary Organisations
- Scottish Council of Voluntary Organisations
- Selective Coronary Vein Occlusion (cardiology)
- School Community Violence Prevention (California)
- Seminole Community Volunteer Program, Inc. (Florida)
- Server-Based Certificate Validation Protocol
- Simple Certificate Validation Protocol
- Society for Cardiovascular Pathology
- Standard Certificate Validation Protocol
- Static Classification Value Predictor
- Sub-Committee on Veterinary Public Health
- Spectral Classified Vector Quantization
- Santa Clara Valley Quilt Association (California)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The protocol comprises five components, of which the first three must be completed within 6 hours: * Begin hemodynamic monitoring (central venous pressure [CVP] and central venous oxygen saturation [Scv[O.
Emergency room patients treated with a catheter that measured their central venous oxygen saturation (ScvO2) as part of an early, aggressive regimen for severe sepsis and septic shock had better overall outcomes, including lower mortality rates and shorter hospital stays, than patients receiving standard care, according to research presented by Dr.