Central retinal artery occlusion (CRAO) Painless loss of monocular vision is the usual presenting symptom of retinal artery occlusion (RAO).
What does CRAO stand for?
CRAO stands for Central Retinal Artery Occlusion
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CRAO
We have 1 other meaning of CRAO in our Acronym Attic
- Council of Remote Area Nurses of Australia Inc (Alice Springs, NT, Australia)
- Canberra Region Anti-Nuclear Campaign (Australia)
- Community Reinvestment Association of North Carolina
- Cedar Rapids and Iowa City Railway
- Cooperative Research and Assessment of Nearshore Ecosystems (California Department of Fish & Game)
- Centre for Rural and Northern Health Research (Canada; also seen as CRNHR)
- Centre for Research on Adaptive Nanostructures and Nanodevices (University of Dublin, Trinity)
- Collision Repair Association of Nova Scotia
- Columbia River Aquatic Nuisance Species Initiative (Portland, OR)
- Cardiac Rehabilitation Association of New Zealand
- Chito-Ryu Association of Ontario (est. 1988; martial arts; Canada)
- Clorgyline-Resistant Amine Oxidase
- Court Reporters Association of Ontario (Canada)
- Can't Realize a Profit
- Canadian Reform Alliance Party (now Canadian Reform Conservative Alliance)
- Cannot Really Assess Possibilities
- Carrying Resentments Against People (12 step recovery)
- Centre de Recherche et d'Action Pédagogique (French: Center for Educational Research and Action)
- Change Risk Analysis and Prediction (software; now Change Risk Analysis Anti-Patterns)
- Cheap Redundant Assorted Products
Samples in periodicals archive:
Herein we report a male patient with unilateral central retinal artery occlusion (CRAO) as the presenting sign of previously undiagnosed ET.
Cardiologic consultation was asked for the patient diagnosed with left central retinal artery occlusion during her ophthalmologic investigation to search for the source of emboli.
Central retinal artery occlusion A central retinal artery occlusion (CRAO) is an ophthalmic emergency, which if treated appropriately may restore vision.
A history of preceding transient visual loss, known as amaurosis fugax, is common in patients presenting with retinal vascular occlusion such as a central retinal artery occlusion (CRAO).