The Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) today announced that the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has approved a new rule prohibiting firms and registered representatives from conditioning settlement of a customer dispute on or otherwise compensating a customer for the customer's agreement to consent to, or not to oppose, the firm's or representative's request to expunge such information from the Central Registration Depository (CRD ) system.
What does CRD stand for?
CRD stands for Central Registration Depository (NASD, Broker-Dealer Registration)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of CRD
We have 275 other meanings of CRD in our Acronym Attic
- Capstone Requirements Document
- Car Rental Direct (various locations)
- Carbohydrate Recognition Domain
- Cargo Ready Date
- Cariboo Regional District (British Columbia)
- Castex Racing Department (motorbikes; France)
- Cavity Ring Down
- Cell Rate Decoupling (OSI)
- Center for Rheumatic Diseases (India)
- Center for Rural Development
- Central Reproduction Department
- Central Reprographics Department
- Centre de Recherche Développement (French)
- Centre de Ressources Documentaires (French: Documentary Resource Center)
- Centre for Reviews and Dissemination (National Health Service, UK)
- Change Request Disposition (NASA)
- Change Request Document
- Charles River Development (Burlington, MA)
- Chemical Reconnaissance Detachment (US DoD)
- Child Restraint Device
Samples in periodicals archive:
Cetip is a publicly-held company that offers services related to registration, central registration depository, trading and settlement of assets and securities.
Known as the CRD, or the Central Registration Depository, the database contains critical information, such as whether a broker has ever been sanctioned or fined for investor wrongdoing.
Users may search for actions by case number, document text, document type, action date (by date range), a combination of document text and action date, individual name and Central Registration Depository (CRD[R]) number, or firm name and CRD number.
Callers should ask for all materials from the Central Registration Depository (CRD) about a brokerage firm or its agents.
Under FINRA rules, a securities firm must ensure that information on its representatives' applications for registration (Forms U4) is kept current in FINRA's Central Registration Depository (CRD).
a global information technology leader, today announced that it is providing PERSONA PLUS(TM) employment screening reports to NASD-regulated firms through NASD's Central Registration Depository (CRD(R)).
As detailed in Regulatory Notice 08-20, such allegations would be reported in the same way as customer complaints are now reported - to the Central Registration Depository (CRD), within 30 days, on Forms U4 and U5.