The site also is host to the Central Park Conservancy Film Festival every August, where classic movies are shown for free.
What does CPC stand for?
CPC stands for Central Park Conservancy
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CPC
We have 907 other meanings of CPC in our Acronym Attic
- Cellular Phone Company
- Cellule de Prévention et de Crise (French: Crisis and Prevention Unit; est. 2011)
- Center for Palliative Care
- Center for Parallel Computing (University of Michigan)
- Center for Participatory Change (Asheville, NC)
- Center for Peace through Culture (Monterey, MA)
- Center for Plant Conservation
- Center for Primary Care (various locations)
- Center Point Church (various locations)
- Center Positioning Control (Taiwan)
- Central Pennsylvania College (Summerdale, PA)
- Central Pennsylvania Conservancy (Carlisle, PA)
- Central Planning Center (NASA)
- Central Post Computer
- Central Posterior Curve (ophthalmology)
- Central Presbyterian Church
- Central Processing Center
- Central Processing Complex
- Central Processing Console
- Central Processsing Complex (IBM)
Samples in periodicals archive:
New York City Parks First Deputy Commissioner Liam Kavanagh, Department of Design and Construction Commissioner Feniosky Pena-Mora, Manhattan Borough President Gale Brewer, Central Park Conservancy President Douglas Blonsky, and restaurateurs Jim Caiola and David Salama, will cut the ribbon at an opening ceremony in the morning.
As the Central Park Conservancy begins to develop a plan to conserve the monument, the Metropolitan Museum will present an exhibition about the construction and evolving symbolism of obelisks from antiquity to the present day.
The money was given to the Central Park Conservancy, a non-profit group that provides a large portion of the park's budget and cares for its basic needs.
The task force comprised members of the New York City DOHMH, the US Department of Agriculture Wildlife Services, the Central Park Conservancy, the New York City Department of Parks and Recreation, the New York State Department of Health, New York City Animal Care and Control, and the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation.
Gold is the medium; nature is the message" explains Holland, who donates funds from his nature-inspired jewelry sales to ecological charities, including Marie Selby Botanical Gardens and the Central Park Conservancy in New York City.
Katz, 2006; Madden, 2010), in which the growing private administration of parks such as Central Park by the Central Park Conservancy (CPC) or Bryant Park, with the Bryant Park Corporation (BPC), is understood to be changing the nature of the "public" being served, from a citizen public to a consumer public, and one, moreover, that must be protected and secured from threats from other members of the public.
If the Central Park Conservancy and the City of New York cannot properly care for this obelisk," he added, "I will take the necessary steps to bring this precious artifact home and save it from ruin.