12, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- A new report by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) issued today shows that the number of central line-associated bloodstream infections in hospitals nationwide has been reduced markedly.
What does CLABSI stand for?
CLABSI stands for Central Line-Associated Bloodstream Infection
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Communities Learning Appropriate Behaviors (Helena, MT)
- Cook Like a Bastard (TV show)
- Crear, Leer, Actualizar, Borrar (Spanish: create, read, update, erase)
- Cry/Crying Like A Baby
- Centros Logísticos para la Comercialización al Mayoreo de Productos Agroalimentarios
- Congregational Libraries Association of British Columbia (Canada)
- Clave Bancaria Estandarizada (Spanish: Standardized Bank Code; Mexico)
- Columbia Latin American Business Law Association
- Clear Lake All Breed Rescue (Houston, TX)
- Center for Latin American and Border Studies (New Mexico State University; Las Cruces, NM)
- Canal Lands Advisory Committee
- Central Laboratory for Agricultural Climate
- Centre de Lecture et d'Animation Culturelle (French: Center for Reading and Cultural Activity; Cameroon)
- Christian Labour Association of Canada
- Civil Liberties Action Committee (Guyana)
- Clean, Lubricate, Adjust, and Check (camera repair)
- Clergy and Laity Concerned
- Comunità per le Libere Attività Culturali
- Convergence des Luttes Anti-Capitalistes (Canada)
- Light Attack Craft Carrier (Honor Harrington science fiction novels)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In 2011, The Joint Commission enterprise identified a customer need to have all HAI related resources easily available to customers, such as those on hand hygiene, central line-associated bloodstream infections (CLABSI), multidrug-resistant organisms (MDRO), surgical site infections (SSI), catheter-associated urinary tract infections (CAUTI), and ventilator-associated pneumonia (VAP).
The first report of the Wisconsin Healthcare-Associated Infections Prevention Project found a 33 percent drop among reporting hospitals for central line-associated bloodstream infections in 2009 and a 26 percent drop the following year.
Economics of central line-associated bloodstream infections.
At AVA, one of our main objectives is the prevention of central line-associated bloodstream infections (CLABSIs)," said Blackburn.
continue to make progress in the fight against central line-associated bloodstream infections and some surgical site infections, according to a report issued today by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
tuberculosis cases and a 58 percent drop from 2001-2009 in central line-associated bloodstream infections.
She notes, for example, that some organizations have failed to adopt best practices, such as the use of a checklist to prevent central line-associated bloodstream infections, which have proven to reduce errors.