However, according to Wiles (a former research analyst for both the US Army's Central Identification Lab and the Defense POW Missing Personnel Office), the raid experienced significant operational difficulties, the most significant of which was the inadvertent abandonment of nine Marine Raiders who were likely executed by the Japanese.
What does CIL stand for?
CIL stands for Central Identification Lab
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of CIL
We have 163 other meanings of CIL in our Acronym Attic
- Calcetto International League (table football organization)
- Canadian Industries Limited
- CAPSL Intermediate Language
- Carbon in Leach (gold mining)
- Cash in Lieu (stock transactions)
- Cell Interfering List
- Center for Independent Living
- Center for Integrative Leadership (Minnesota)
- Center for Interactive Learning
- Center for Intergenerational Learning (Temple University; Philadelphia, PA)
- Centre d'Initiatives Locales (French: Center for Local Initiatives)
- Centre for Innovative Leadership
- Centre International des Langues (French: International Language Center)
- Cephalo-Iliac Left
- Certificate in Lieu Of
- Certified Institutional Locksmith (Institutional Locksmiths' Association)
- Changes in Latitude (Travel store)
- Channel Inter-Leaver/Inter-Leaving
- Chef d'Incident Local
- Chronic Ileal Lesion
Samples in periodicals archive:
99) provides a forensic thriller by the scientific director of the Department of Defense's Central Identification Lab, pairs this with a vivid narration by Patrick Lawlor, and tells of one Robert 'Kel' McKelvey, who faces a particularly challenging case in the recovery of an Arkansas soldier who died a hero's death in Vietnam, until a link between him and an unsolved racial killing emerges.
Once remains are discovered and resumed to Hawaii, the Central Identification Lab begins its process of identification.