From April 2000 through project completion in December 2007, he was Director of Boston's Central Artery/Third Harbor Tunnel Project (Big Dig).
What does CA/T stand for?
CA/T stands for Central Artery/Third Harbor Tunnel (Boston's Big Dig)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
We have 904 other meanings of CA/T in our Acronym Attic
- Constant Amplitude Zero Auto-Correlation (also seen as CAZAC)
- Convergence Accommodation to Convergence (optometry)
- Corrente Alternada/Corrente Continua
- Custodian Authorization Custody Receipt Listing
- Customer Authorization/Customer Receipt Listing
- Central Apneas and Cheyne Stokes (respiration disorders)
- Cup Area to Disc Area Ratio (opthalmology)
- Chest Area/Heart Area
- Control Audit Identifier Number
- Conflict Alert/Minimum Safe Altitude Warning
- Cortical Area/Total Area
- Concentration and Calcium: Phosphorus (ratio)
- Carbonic Anhydrase 1 (genetics)
- Computer Associates-1 (automated tape management system)
- Cornu Ammonis-1 (psychology)
- Cortical Area 1 (pyramid cells)
- Carbohydrate Antigen 19-9 (serum)
- Carbonic Anhydrase 2 (gene)
- Chimeric A2 (antibody)
- Cornu Ammonis 2
Samples in periodicals archive:
That's exactly what's happening with the Boston Central Artery/Third Harbor Tunnel project.
Loftus has been a Senior Vice President with Perini since 1997 and has managed major construction projects for Perini and Perini-sponsored joint ventures since 1994, including contracts on the Central Artery/Third Harbor Tunnel in Boston (also known as the "Big Dig") and the reconstruction of the South Roadways of the Williamsburg Bridge in New York City.
Continued work on a number of surface transportation projects around the world, including the Eurotunnel between England and France, the Boston Central Artery/Third Harbor Tunnel, the Taipei Rapid Transit System, Bay Area Rapid Transit extensions in Northern California, and the Gerede-Ankara Motorway in Turkey.
The Central Artery/Third Harbor Tunnel Project - as the Big Dig is officially known - has its roots in the construction of the hulking 1950s-era elevated Central Artery that cut a swath through the center of Boston, lopping off the waterfront from downtown and casting a shadow over some of the city's oldest neighborhoods.
NAME: CENTRAL ARTERY/THIRD HARBOR TUNNEL PROJECT ART: PHOTO CUTLINE: A Massachusetts State Police officer stands next to a pile of bent bolts placed on a barrier.
In the past, western turnpike tolls have not been used to pay for direct construction costs of the Central Artery/Third Harbor Tunnel project; state legislation has not permitted western turnpike tolls to be directly applied to the project.
NAME: CENTRAL ARTERY/THIRD HARBOR TUNNEL PROJECT ART: PHOTO CUTLINE: Alex Bardow of the state Highway Department explains the repairs made to the Interstate 90 connector tunnel to Gov.