Their topics include the coal conundrum, managing produced water from coal-bed methane production, concentrated thermal solar power and the value of water for electricity, water-energy interdependencies and the Central Arizona Project, the energy implications of desalination, energy requirements for water supply in Utah, adaptive management as a tool for negotiating the water-energy nexus, and the water bargain of solar and wind energy.
What does CAP stand for?
CAP stands for Central Arizona Project (canal moving water from Colorado River to Phoenix & Tucson)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CAP
We have 1489 other meanings of CAP in our Acronym Attic
- CCMS Application Program
- Cellular Array Processor
- Cellulose Acetate Propionate
- Center for Abused Persons
- Center for Advanced Purchasing (Tempe, AZ)
- Center for American Progress
- Center for Applied Policy Research (University of Munich; Germany)
- Center for Arizona Policy
- Central Answering Position
- Central Arbitration Point
- Central Atlanta Progress (Atlanta, GA)
- Centralized Alarm Printing (Nortel)
- Centralized Answering Position
- Centrally Authorised Procedure (EU)
- Centrally Authorised Product (EU)
- Centre d'Analyse et Programmation
- Centre d'Andrologie de Paris (French: Andrology Center of Paris; Paris, France)
- Certificado de Aptitud Pedagógica (Spanish)
- Certificat d'Aptitude Pédagogique (French teaching certificate; various locations)
- Certificat d'Aptitude Professionnelle (French)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The new solar panels at the city's Central Arizona Project Water Treatment Plant across the street from the park are expected to save more than $40,000 annually based upon SRP rates and the energy production from the arrays.
WASHINGTON, May 24, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Central Arizona Project (CAP) Board of Directors President Pam Pickard and General Manager David Modeer will represent CAP today at a joint hearing of the U.
Damage to the Central Arizona Project Canal, California Aqueduct and All-American Canal -- the region's major water delivery systems -- would jeopardize municipal water supplies from Las Vegas to San Diego.
In May 2001, the utility plans to recharge the aquifer with water diverted from the Colorado River through the Central Arizona Project (CAP), a state system that oversees the water supply.
However, with completion of the Central Arizona Project (CAP) canal in the mid-1980s, the state's water supply was ensured.
Thompson, ABC Community Relations Representative Central Arizona Project Phoenix, Ariz.
The Central Arizona project, partly the proud product of the efforts of Bruce Babbitt, then Arizona's governor and now the secretary of the interior, furnishes water to grow cotton, a crop requiring the equivalent of 30 inches of rain per year, in the desert.