It originates from the first Women's Global Leadership Institute sponsored by the Center for Women's Global Leadership in 1991, and it has been used as a strategy by individuals and groups around the world to call for the elimination of all forms of violence against women.
What does CWGL stand for?
CWGL stands for Center for Women's Global Leadership
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
We have 2 other meanings of CWGL in our Acronym Attic
- Crane Working Group of Eurasia (conservation)
- Cluster Working Group on Early Recovery
- Central Warwickshire Girls Football League (UK)
- Cosmic World Governing and Guiding Body (India; spiritual group)
- California Wine Grape Growers Foundation
- Community Working Group on Health
- Canadian Working Group on HIV and Rehabilitation
- Canadian Women Golfers Inc. (Ottawa, Ontario, Canada)
- CEDAW (Convention to Eliminate Discrimination against Women) Working Group Initiative (UN)
- Christian Writers' Group International, Inc.
- Canary Wharf Gay and Lesbian Association (UK)
- Cooling Water Gamma Monitor
- Christian Warrior of God Network (publications)
- Complex White Gaussian Noise (radio signal static)
- Civil Will and Green Party (Mongolia)
- Charles W. Gibson Public Library (Buckhannon, WV)
- Common Working Group Review
- Colorado Water Garden Society (est. 1983)
- Commonwealth Working Group on Teacher Recruitment
- Centre for the Welfare of Garment Workers (Sri Lanka)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Rutgers University Center for Women's Global Leadership Launches Global Awareness Campaign on Stardoll STOCKHOLM and NEW YORK, Nov.
Rutgers University Center for Women's Global Leadership Launches Global Awareness Campaign on Stardoll STOCKHOLM and NEW YORK, November 30, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- Stardoll, the world's largest online entertainment and social networking site for teen girls today announced its global support for the 16 Days of Activism Against Gender Violence Campaign (http://16dayscwgl.
A lack of respect for women's rights both fuels the epidemic and exacerbates its impact," write the authors of "Strengthening Resistance--Confronting Violence Against Women and HIV/AIDS," a report just released by the Center for Women's Global Leadership.
The occasion was a caucus on sexuality and women's rights sponsored by the International Gay and Lesbian Human Rights Commission (IGLHRC) and the Center for Women's Global Leadership.
The campaign originated from the first Women's Global Leadershi'p Institute sponsored by the Center for Women's Global Leadership in 1991.
They voiced disappointment that the final report was not stronger, that governments did not evidence political will to make it so, and that the UN system did not 'agree on a stronger document with more concrete benchmarks, numerical goals, time-bound targets, indicators and resources aimed at implementing the Beijing Platform' (Joint Statement datelined New York, June 10, 2000 by Charlotte Bunch, Director of the Center for Women's Global Leadership, and June Zeitlin, Executive Director of Women's Environment and Development Organization (WEDO).
Demanding Accountability (The Global Campaign and Vienna Tribunal for Human Rights) Charlotte Bunch and Niamh Reilly New Jersey, USA: The Center for Women's Global Leadership, Rutgers/New York: UNDP/UNIFEM, 1994; 169 pp.