On May 15, 2003, as I deployed one instrument in the path of a tornado moving through the northwest corner of the Texas Panhandle, Joshua Wurman of the Center for Severe Weather Research was running his mobile radar equipment on the same tornado at the same time several miles away.
What does CSWR stand for?
CSWR stands for Center for Severe Weather Research (Boulder, CO)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CSWR
We have 5 other meanings of CSWR in our Acronym Attic
- California State Water Project
- Centrifugal Sudden Wave Packet method
- Certified SolidWorks Professional
- Committee on the Status of Women in Physics (est 1972)
- Coupled States Wave Packet method
- Customer Service Web Portal
- Center for Simulation of Wave-Plasma Interactions (US DOE)
- Crew-Served Weapons Qualification (US DoD)
- Cropping Systems and Water Quality Research Unit
- Canadian Social Work Review (journal; Canadian Association for Social Work Education)
- Center for Social Work Research (various locations)
- Center for Southwest Research (New Mexico)
- Center for the Study of World Religions (Harvard Divinity School; Cambridge, MA)
- Clinical Social Worker
- Career, Scholarship, and Writing Resource Collection (Texas)
- California State Water Resources Control Board
- Center for the Study of War-Related Illnesses (US VA)
- Central Sheep and Wool Research Institute (India)
- Centre Wool and Sheep Research Institute
- Can't Stop, Won't Stop
Samples in periodicals archive:
By the time we get the warning, there's no time to evacuate," says Josh Wurman, a senior atmospheric scientist at the Center for Severe Weather Research in Colorado.
Ao asks tornado researcher Joshua Wurman, head of the nonprofit Center for Severe Weather Research.