The date of ice break-up has "marched northward 100 kilometers per decade" since the mid-1970s, said Barbara Benson of UW-M's Center for Limnology.
What does CFL stand for?
CFL stands for Center for Limnology (University of Wisconsin)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CFL
We have 199 other meanings of CFL in our Acronym Attic
- Can't Find Love
- Canadian Federation of Labour
- Canadian Football League
- Capacitated Facility Location
- Captain/Colonel for Life (military slang for someone who is unlikely to be promoted)
- Cargo Force Limited (shipping; UK)
- Cathode Fluorescent Lamp
- Catholic Forensic League
- Ceasefire Line
- Center for Ledelse (Danish: Center for Leadership)
- Center for Literacy
- Central Federal Lands
- Central Florida
- Central Forensic Laboratory (India)
- Central Freight Lines (Waco, TX)
- Centre de Foresterie des Laurentides (French: Laurentian Forestry Center; Canada)
- Centre de Formation en Langues (French: Language Training Center; various universities)
- Cercle Félin du Languedoc (French cat club)
- Ceylon Federation of Labor
- Champions for Life
Samples in periodicals archive:
592)] ACKNOWLEDGMENTS The author thanks the University of Georgia Marine Institute, Jim Kitchell, Jake Vander Zanden, Emily Stanley, and the 2003 Center for Limnology Sapelo Island crew.
Lewis, professor of Environmental Science and Director of the Center for Limnology at the University of Colorado, reported that the NRC/NAS consensus contradicted the opinions undergirding the government's draconian water policies.