Florida State University 68 FSU, home to the highly regarded Center for Insurance Research and the Florida Catastrophic Storm Risk Management Center, began an exchange program this year with Ludwig-Maximillians University in Munich, Germany, with several FSU faculty becoming members of the newly constituted Munich Risk and Insurance Center.
What does CIR stand for?
CIR stands for Center for Insurance Research
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of CIR
We have 264 other meanings of CIR in our Acronym Attic
- Candidate Interoperability Plan
- Capital Improvement Report
- Capital Investment Request
- Carbon Isotope Ratio
- Cargo Integration Review
- Carrier-to-Interference Ratio
- Cellule Inter-Agence de Réinsertion (French)
- Center for Immigration Research
- Center for Impact Research
- Center for Individual Rights
- Center for Interdisciplinary Research (various locations)
- Center for International Rehabilitation
- Center for Investigative Reporting
- Central de Información de Riesgos
- Central Indian Ridge (geology)
- Central Intelligence Report
- Centralized Inventory Report
- Centre d'Information et de Recrutement (French: Information and Recruitment Center; law enforcement)
- Centre d'Intervention Rapide (French: Rapid Intervention Center; emergency medical transportation)
- Centre for Immune Regulation (University of Oslo; Norway)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Birny Birnbaum, of the Center for Economic Justice, and Brendan Bridgeland, of the Center for Insurance Research, presented their case before the NAIC/Consumer Liaison Committee at the NAIC's fall meeting.
Two consumer advocacy groups, the Center for Insurance Research and MASSPIRG, reported yesterday that factors such as age, income and marital status will play a role in rates that consumers pay, even though that was prohibited by the state Division of Insurance.
The Center for Insurance Research has fought similar battles against a variety of insurance company demutualizadons, including those of State Mutual Life Assurance Company of America, Old Guard Insurance Group of Lancaster, Pa.
The Center for Insurance Research is an independent, non-profit organization based in Cambridge that researches and advocates for a range of pro-consumer insurance issues in Massachusetts and throughout the nation.
Burnes did not specify what other factors could be used, said Stephen D'Amato, a consultant to the Center for Insurance Research in Cambridge.
D'Amato, of the Center for Insurance Research, a Cambridge nonprofit, said unless the state required insurers to disclose which rating factors are used, consumers would have no way of knowing whether socioeconomic factors are being built into the price.