Astronomers will use the telescopes to search for planets around other stars, study spots on distant stars and witness star births, said Hal McAlister, director of the Center for High Angular Resolution Astronomy at Georgia State University, who will head the project.
What does CHARA stand for?
CHARA stands for Center for High Angular Resolution Astronomy
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of CHARA in our Acronym Attic
- Chinook Horseman's Association Performance Series
- Clearing House Automated Payment System
- Climatic Heat Aircraft Protective System
- Coloured Horse and Pony Society (UK)
- Community HIV and AIDS Prevention Strategy
- Centre d'Hébergement et d'Assistance aux Personnes sans Abri (French: Homeless Assistance and Shelter)
- Childhood Health Assessment Questionnaire
- Childhood Health Assessment Questionnaire Disability Index
- Cable Hayward Area Regional Arts Council (Wisconsin)
- CHarge And RAdius Controlled (fractionation of trace elements in geochemical systems)
- CIHR (Canadian Institutes of Health Research) HIV/AIDS Research Advisory Committee
- Combining Human Assessment and Reasoning Aids for Decision-Making in Environmental Emergencies
- CHarging ARC (kayaking squirt term, coined by Jim Snyder)
- Chasse a l'Arc (French bowhunting magazine)
- Coordinated HIV/AIDS Response through Capacity Building and Awareness
Samples in periodicals archive:
The five-year grant will go to the university's Center for High Angular Resolution Astronomy (CHARA) to construct an array of telescopes in the southwestern United States.