Gunter Weller, director of the Center for Global Change and Arctic System Research at the University of Alaska in Fairbanks, says mean temperatures in the state have increased by five degrees Fahrenheit in the summer and ten degrees in the winter over the last thirty years.
What does CGCASR stand for?
CGCASR stands for Center for Global Change and Arctic System Research (University of Alaska Fairbanks)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Colorado Glazing Contractors Association
- Colorado Gun Collectors Association
- Computational Grand Challenge Applications
- Computer Graphics Communication Academy
- Covent Garden Community Association
- Creative Glass Center of America
- Carnival Glass Collectors Association of Australia, Inc.
- Cherry Grove Community Association Inc (Cherry Grove, NY)
- Coast Guard Capabilities Plan (US DoD)
- Central Gulf Coast Archaeological Society (Tampa Bay, FL)
- Campaign and Governmental Conduct Code (San Francisco, CA)
- Canwest Global Communications Corp. (Canada)
- Career Gate Community College (Canada)
- Center of Gravity Control Computer (Airbus A-310)
- Chandler Gilbert Community College (Arizona)
- Coal Gasification/Combined Cycle
- Columbia-Greene Community College (Hudson, NY)
- Combined Ground Component Commander
- Commander, Ground Component Command
- Compagnie Générale de Chauffage et de Climatisation (French: General Heating and Air Conditioning Company)
Samples in periodicals archive:
A 1998 report by the Center for Global Change and Arctic System Research at the University of Alaska, Fairbanks argues that, in the past decade, climate change in Alaska has resulted in declines in some salmon stocks, an increase in human health problems as new diseases move north and increased forest fires.